Founded in 2002, the Majestic Realty Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Majestic Realty, a real estate development firm that specializes in building business parks “that serve communities.” By extension, it built a foundation to further “enhance the quality of life” in those communities, with the recognition that “needs were growing rapidly,” by focusing on five “key investment areas”: Youth, Education, Family, Health and Violence Prevention.
The foundation's recent giving history shows specific support of women and girls across these investment areas, with a particular emphasis on violence prevention (including domestic sex trafficking). This may reflect the foundation's seven-word “Guiding Principles”: Vision, Leadership, Passion, Commitment, Caring, Creativity and Collaboration. So keep those guiding principles in mind for your female-directed program too.
Here's another big caveat: grantseekers must operate in one of the eight areas the foundation funds. They are the Los Angeles area; Atlanta, Dallas-Forth Worth, Denver/Aurora, Las Vegas, Bethlehem, PA, and California's San Gabriel Valley and Inland Empire.
Where the Majestic Realty Foundation is less restrictive: it funds general operating costs as well as program support. It also declares an interest in leveraging other matching funds grants you may have received—in fact, that's its priority manner of giving.
Recent grants to programs focused on girls and women include:
- $27,346 to the House of Ruth (Claremont, CA)
- $5,000 to Wellspring Living (Tyrone, GA)
- $5,000 to Project Sister Family Services (Claremont, CA)
- $3,000 to the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (Atlanta, GA)
- $3,000 to youthSpark (Atlanta, GA)
- $2,000 to Street Grace (Norcross, GA)
- $2,000 to Cool Girls, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
- $1,500 to the Atlanta Women's Foundation (Atlanta, GA).
The Majestic Realty Foundation has an open LOI, and invites submissions year-round.