TITLE: Senior Administrator
FOCUS AREAS: Arts, education, health, and social justice
CONTACT: Visit PeopleFinder for email and phone number (paid subscribers only)
PROFILE: Brian Drutman has been a senior administrator for the Jerome L. Greene Foundation since February 2016. He shares the following information about his current role:
- Private, family run philanthropic Foundation whose mission is to support institutions for the advancement of education, the arts, medicine and social justice.
- Identify prospective grantees, evaluate proposals and make appropriate recommendations to the President.
- Interface with prospective grantees, soliciting and responding to their proposals and negotiating with them to develop appropriate types of support. Assist in organizing and executing award budgets in association with Foundation staff and legal experts.
- Develop and manage the Foundation’s capacity to appropriately assess and measure organization and program performances as well as outcomes. Convene grantee gatherings, arrange and conduct site visits.
- Oversee and manage detailed summary reports of grant activity and use of funds, including expenses. Lead development of evaluation and assessment tools for projects.
- Review and analyze financial and narrative reports.
- Keep current relevant program models used by other philanthropic organizations.
He also shares the following information about his background:
Music and arts executive with comprehensive experience in program and grant administration, philanthropic foundation administration, negotiation, creating and meeting budgets, hiring staff and contractors, marketing including social media marketing, promotion and public relations. Superior written and oral communication skills.
Program & grant administration • Negotiation • Budget creation and supervision • Marketing • Promotion • Publicity • Public Speaking • Accomplished pianist.
Drutman has also been the principal of BMD Consulting since October 2013. Before joining Greene, Drutman was the vice president of Broadway and soundtracks for Universal Music Group, Decca Label Group, and Verve Music Group.
His professional bio shares:
Brian Drutman is Senior Administrator at the Jerome L. Greene Foundation. He formerly served as Vice President, Broadway & Soundtracks at Decca Label Group, supervising such cast recordings as Wicked (Grammy Award Winner), Spring Awakening (Grammy Award winner), Monty Python’s Spamalot (Grammy Award Winner), MAMMA MIA!, An American In Paris and Motown. While at Decca, he establish Decca Theatricals, a Broadway producing company. Mr. Drutman was honored by the television academy for his contributions to the Emmy-Award winning series, Broadway: The American Musical. He is a graduate of Brandeis University (B.A., French; History) and New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts (M.A., Performance Studies). He sits on the Boards of The Players Foundation for Theatre Education, the Goodspeed Opera House Library and Theatre Archive and the Eugene O’Neill Theatre Center.