FOCUS AREAS: Healthy behaviors, health education, access to health services
CONTACT: Visit PeopleFinder for email and phone number (paid subscribers only)
PROFILE: Colleen Reilly is an analyst at the Humana Foundation and has been with the funder since May 2013. Reilly is based in Louisville, Kentucky. She previously worked as a Medicare grievance and appeals specialist for Humana and was the assistant to the director of Office of Disability Services in New York City.
Her LinkedIn job summary shares:
Foundation professional at a national grantmaking institution. Intelligent decision-maker who likes to connect the dots. Always learning and looking for ways to improve. Driven by the desire to make true change for the better in communities and people's lives.
Interests: philanthropy, community health, access to food/nutrition, corporate giving, web/social media, collective impact, research, written and verbal communication, volunteerism, community engagement.
And her current job duties include the following:
• Grants administrator for national grants. Includes assisting grantees with management of timelines and project budgets, monitoring outcomes process, connecting nonprofits with resources and remaining current on subject areas/geographic locations integral to grants
• Co- managing Humana Communities Benefits Program—national $350K multi-year grant opportunity offered in three markets annually. I work closely with internal marketing and corporate communications colleagues as well as an outside public relations firm to execute program. Program is a 2015 recipient of an International Association of Business Communicators Gold Quill Merit Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility category. Involvement with program, 2013-2015
• Co-leading operations and grant proposal intake and review process, managing grantmaking software, configuring online grant applications and impact reports, consulting on evaluation process updates, assisting with training of new employees, working to improve and streamline processes for Foundation staff as well as grantees and applicants. In 2016 introduced Letter of Intent to operations, reducing amount of proposals received by over half, saving administrative time and resources
• Refining communications with internal associates and business segment leaders as well as potential and current grantees and other community stakeholders
• Advancing Humana Foundation external communications through management of website and social media
• Supporting Financial Consultant in the management of Foundation's written procedures/controls and policies particularly around the grant cycle, proposal review, and impact reporting processes
• Corporate Affairs Well-being Committee member
• Well-being Champion, June 2015
• North STAR (Special Thanks And Recognition) Award, September 2015
• Attendee at Humana 2016 Humana Thunder Over Louisville event in recognition exceptional work and commitment to living Humana values, April 2016