FOCUS AREAS: STEM education, youth development, military veterans and active service
CONTACT: Joseph.Trapasso@Chrysler.com, (248) 512-2500
PROFILE: Josephy "Jody" Trapasso is President of the FCA Foundation. He is also Senior Vice President-External Affairs for FCA US LLC. His profile on the corporate website shares:
Joseph "Jody" Trapasso was appointed Senior Vice President - External Affairs, FCA - North America in May 2010, with responsibility for providing strategic direction on international, federal and state government relations as well as coordinating the activities of the corporate representative in Latin America. He also leads community relations and employee volunteerism efforts for FCA US LLC as well as the FCA Foundation.
Previously, Trapasso was with the international law firm of Crowell & Moring where he was Senior Counsel, advising clients on public policy matters on both domestic and international issues. In 2005, Trapasso served as Senior Advisor to the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, providing strategic counsel on major donor fundraising programs and on the 2008 presidential election. He also has held senior-level positions within the federal government, including Assistant Counsel to the President for the Office of Presidential Personnel at the White House during the Clinton Administration.
His professional background includes:
- 2010 - current, Senior Vice President - External Affairs, FCA - North America
- 2008, Senior Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- 2006, Senior Counsel, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- 2005 - 2008, Senior Advisor to the Chairman, Democratic National Committee (consulting role)
- 2004, Deputy National Director, Voter Protection Program, Democratic National Committee
- 2004, Director, Finance Convention Operations (consulting role)
- 2000, Director of Operations, Vice Presidential Debate Preparation, Gore/Lieberman 2000
- 2000, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP
- 1997, Partner, Wunder Knight Thelen Levine & DeVierno
- 1996, Senior Advisor to the Campaign Manager, Clinton/Gore
- 1994, Associate, Wunder Knight Thelen Levine & DeVierno
- 1993, Senior Legislative Management Officer, U.S. Department of State
- 1993, Assistant Counsel to the President, Office of Presidential Personnel, The White House
- 1992, Associate Counsel, Office of Personnel, Clinton/Gore Transition Team
- 1992, Deputy Research Director, Clinton/Gore
- 1990, Associate, Patton Boggs LLP
Trapasso was appointed by President Clinton to the Community Adjustment and Investment Advisory Board, a group tasked with advising the President on job creation and retention in communities affected by the North American Free Trade Agreement (1999-2000).
Trapasso holds a Juris Doctor from University of Pennsylvania Law School (1990) and a Bachelor of Arts Summa Cum Laude from Connecticut College (1987).
Trapasso was born in Branford, Conn.