TITLE: Program Officer
FOCUS AREAS: Education, employment, youth & families, criminal justice
CONTACT: Visit PeopleFinder for email and phone number (paid subscribers only)
PROFILE: Katie Napolitano has been a program officer at the Tiger Foundation since August 2013. She previously worked as the vice president of Treetops Capital for five years. She has also been an advisor for 118 Capital.
Katie and her husband, John, a community development and planning director for an affordable housing nonprofit, made local headlines when they “adopted” a 21-year-old who had previously been through 30 foster care placements.
Her Treetops Capital bio shared the following information about her background:
• Ms. Napolitano is an investment specialist at Treetops Capital and has spent her career working in microfinance and emerging markets finance.
• Ms. Napolitano worked for Women’s World Banking’s Capital Markets Group as well as Grameen Foundation’s Capital Advisory and Management Center in Peru. She has also worked as a consultant on various microfinance projects while at Treetops Capital, including the creation of an equity valuation model and toolkit for microfinance institutions, a product costing analysis, and market assessment for a greenfileld MFI.
• Ms. Napolitano was a financial analyst at HSBC where she focused on emerging market financial institutions.
• She was a Summer Associate at Bear Stearns in the Emerging Markets Equity Research group, covering the Latin American Financial Sector.
• Ms. Napolitano holds a Masters in Finance from the School of International & Public Affairs at Columbia University and a BA from Boston University in International Relations. She is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.