TITLE: Program Associate
FOCUS AREAS: Economic security, legal reform, health and well-being, education, and leadership development for Jewish women and girls
CONTACT: 312-357-4850, online form
PROFILE: Mary E. Thomas has been with the Jewish Women’s Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago since February 2014 and serves as a program associate. She previously worked as a secretary in the planning and allocations department and Community Foundation for Jewish Education for the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago.
Current duties include the following:
Public Relations, Communications & Marketing
- Develop & manage website content & design for www.jwfchicago.org & SharePoint site
- Design info-graphics, charts, graphs, presentations, emails, e-Newsletters, webpages, & invitations
- Write articles, reports, meeting minutes, marketing material, & correspondence
- Establish & nurture meaningful relationships with donors, organizations, & staff
- Attend events with partnering organizations & prospective grantees as representative of JWF
Grants & Data Management
- Manage incoming grant requests
- Create online & print forms & evaluations
- Develop databases & custom reporting capability for grantmaking, donor participation, & finances
- Conduct research to build databases that capture historical data
- Develop project schedules & goals for online communications, events, outreach, & planning meetings
- Supervise team progress & follow-up
- Collaborate & liaise with other departments in the organization
Meeting & Event Coordination
- Manage logistics, correspondence, & registration for all events & meetings
- Process payments & pledges, prepare meeting & event materials, answer phones, file, copy, scan, etc.
Her professional bio shares:
Mary joined the Jewish Women's Foundation team in February 2014. She began her career at JUF in 2012 as a Secretary III in the Planning & Allocations department and worked closely with the Community Foundation for Jewish Education on the Ta'am Yisrael 8th Grade Israel Experience trip. After staffing the 2014 trip to Israel, Mary joined JWF as Administrative Assistant and was promoted to Program Associate in July 2016.
Mary graduated from The College at Brockport, State University of New York (SUNY) with a Bachelor of Science in English Literature and a minor in Women and Gender Studies. After graduation, she moved from upstate New York to Chicago to pursue a career in nonprofit.