FOCUS AREAS: Homelessness, indigent healthcare, children's programs, education, youth sports
CONTACT: Visit PeopleFinder for email and phone number (paid subscribers only)
PROFILE: Mike Kennedy is president of the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation and also a co-founding partner and shareholder of law firm Gallagher and Kennedy. He began his work with the firm in 1978.
He shares the following information about his background and experience:
A committed philanthropist and civic-minded Phoenician, I was the Arizona Host Committee Chairman for Super Bowl XLII, am member of the Executive Committee for the Arizona Host Committee for Super Bowl XLIX, am a member of The Thunderbirds, served as Chairman of the Phoenix Open, have been President of the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation since its inception, served as President of the Maricopa County Bar Association and the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, and was an inaugural member of the Maricopa County Bar Association Hall of Fame. I have been consecutively recognized as a “Best Lawyer” by Best Lawyers in America from 2005 to the present and by Chambers USA since 2003. Acknowledged by Southwest Super Lawyers since 2007, I was honored as a “Super Lawyer” in 2013 in: General Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability Litigation and Representation of Professional Sports Teams.
* Handling a variety of contested matters for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Arizona Cardinals
* Representing several Arizona law firms in legal malpractice actions
* Serving Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. as national coordinating counsel defending asbestos claims and in other matters around the country
* Representing an international uranium mining company in response to NEPA/NHPA/FLPMA challenges to operation of its mines in northern Arizona
* Representing an Arizona refinery in litigation involving NEPA/NHPA claims
* Obtaining a $500 million dollar judgment on behalf of a group of California, New Mexico and Arizona electric utility companies challenging the constitutionality of a property tax imposed on the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
His firm bio and list of awards can be viewed here.