TITLE: Senior Program Officer
FOCUS AREAS: Jewish education
PROFILE: Stacie Cherner is a senior program officer and has worked for the Jim Joseph Foundation since September 2014. She previously worked as the principal of Stacie S. Cherner & Associates and as a consultant for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Her independent business provides program planning, evaluation and management for education reform, closing the achievement gap, and improving families.
These are the skills she lists on her personal website:
- Twenty years of professional experience as a senior project manager, program evaluator and social researcher
- Commitment to and passion for improving quality of life and education for children and families
- Leading and managing complex projects and diverse teams, with strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Setting vision and strategic planning based on lessons learned and resulting recommendations for improvement
- Building and managing relationships with a variety of professionals in order to reach outcomes
Broad knowledge relating to education reform, educational assessments, common core standards, early childhood education, child health indicators, child and family policy, collaboration, evaluation capacity building, and theory of change development.
Cherner’s JJF bio shares:
Stacie Cherner joined the Jim Joseph Foundation team as a Program Officer in September, 2014. Stacie has an extensive background in the non-profit world, including working on a wide variety of program evaluations with SRI International’s Center for Human Services and Education. For the past few years, Stacie worked with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation facilitating the collaborative efforts of three grantees to improve the use of analytic data in school systems. She has also worked with Teach For America directing the implementation of national assessments of student achievement.
Stacie holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Duke University, an MA from The American University in Washington, D.C., and an MSW from the University of California at Berkeley. She and her husband live in Marin and are proud parents of two children.